Netgear Nighthawk X6 tri-band range extender
You might have range or bandwidth issues in your home. If you purchase a tri-band router then you will get the bandwidth you need but it is not capable of providing you enough range. If you purchase a whole home wifi system then it will solve the issue of range but does not provide you enough bandwidth. An extender solves both of the issues. And a tri-band extender like Netgear X6 will give you more than you expect. It supports MU-MIMO as well as beamforming technology for better performance. It is a tri-band extender but one band is reserved for backhaul channel. It can also work as an access point and is compatible with all the routers. This one is costly but you will get an ultra-fast speed.
Best Feature: Backhaul Connectivity
Your router has five ports at the back. Four ports are used for connecting your devices to the internet using Ethernet cables and last port is LAN port. This port is used when you want to run this extender as an access point. This is useful when you want to create an entirely different network for your customer or clients. You can set different name and passwords for these accounts, so protecting your main network from authorization by the guests.
Install the wifi extender: Netgear X6 extender
We will now discuss the steps on how to install your Netgear extender. Follow the procedure and if you get stuck then feel free to contact us.
- The placement of the extender is very important when it is concerned about the performance. Place the extender in a room where your router is already available.
- Supply power to the extender by plugging its power adapter into an electrical outlet.
- The power LED will turn green after a while. If not then turn off and on the power button.
- Now, it’s time to connect the extender to the existing router’s network. A user can do so by using WPS method or using the web browser method.
Let us first discuss the WPS method. Before following this procedure, read out the instructions of your device. This is to confirm that is your device supports WPS or not.
- Find the WPS button on your extender and press it.
- Within another two minutes, press the WPS button on your router.
- When the connection establishes then WPS light on the extender turns solid white.
- If your router is a dual-band router then repeat the above steps to connect 5 GHz band to the extender. If not then continue with the 5 step.
- Now, you can place your extender to a new location because it has made a successful connection with your router.
- The optimal position considered to place the extender is midway between your router and the dead zone.
- Start your extender at the new location. Verify its range and speed by placing your computer in the dead zone. Connect your computer to the extended network of the router. The name of the network remains same.
If you get any issue in these steps then get in touch with our experts as they have knowledge of sorting Netgear extender issues.
You can use this extender as an access point means a hotspot will be created and anyone who has permission can use the network.
How to use Netgear X6 tri-band extender as an access point?
Follow the steps given below to do so.
- Take the adapter and plug it into an electrical outlet which will supply power to your extender.
- Wait till the power LED turns solid.
- Connect a wifi device to your extender. You can go for a wireless connection or wired connection through Ethernet cables.
- Open a web browser from the computer and in the address bar, type mywifiext.net.
- Netgear installation assistant displays. Connect your extender and router using the Ethernet cable. Follow the steps or instructions displayed on the screen by the Netgear assistant to complete the setup.
Issues that can be resolved related to Netgear extender X6 or mywifiext.net
- Not able to see the Netgear assistant after opening a web browser and typing mywifiext.net.
- Not able to connect to the network of the extender.
- Forgot admin email address and password. What to do now?
- How to restore extender to factory default settings.
- Receiving an error message after joining the wifi network.
- Not able to access mywifiext.net
- When I type mywifiext.net to access the login page of the extender, it is showing an error message rather than displaying the login page.
- How to find the extender’s IP address?
There is a lot more than these. The above-mentioned issues can be resolved by our experts. Contact them live or make a call to get an instant solution. We are here for you all the time. If you can’t find us online, leave us a message, we will get back to you as soon as possible.