Netgear Nighthawk X6 tri-band range extender
This tri band wifi range extender provides speed of up to 3 Gbps. It is a powerful range extender that can blanket your home with wifi. If you want network in all the corners then install Netgear X6s. If you want to know how this extender works then let us discuss. This wifi range extender connects to the already existing wifi router. It has embedded fast lane technology to connect all your devices. The setup is very easy using mywifiext.net or you can use the setup wizard which guides you throughout the setup process.
Here, we will discuss how to change certain settings of your wifi range extender.
How to disable or enable one wifi name?
- Connect a computer to your extended network and open a web browser from this computer.
- Log into your extender. Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar of the opened browser.
- If you won’t get an error, you will get a login page. Enter the username and password in the given respective fields.
- Click on the login button, you will see the status page.
- Open the wifi settings. Go to settings first then click on wireless.
- It is up to you now if you want to enable the one wifi name then select yes radio button otherwise select no radio button. If you disable this feature, you can set a new network name and password for each band.
- Save the settings you have made after clinking on save button.
What is mywifiext.net?
Mywifiext.net is a URL that is used to log into a Netgear extender. When you want to configure your extender then you have to log into the extender using this web address. For the first time setup, this web address will open the setup wizard for you otherwise it will display a login page to open the basic home page of your extender.
The default username and password is printed on the product label of your device. Get the details and enter into your extender.
Return the extender to its factory default settings
When you want to configure your extender to factory default settings then reset process will take place. There is reset button on each router and extender. This extender also has reset button at the back. Press the reset button for 10 seconds and then release it. Restart your extender and now your extender has the default factory settings. This reset method is called hard reset. There is a soft reset method also that can be done using configuration page of the extender. But if you have forgotten the password to get into the extender then you have only one option that is hard reset.
Cannot access mywifiext.net
If you receive an error message while accessing www.mywifiext.net then your computer is not connected to the extender network. As the web address mywifiext.net is not a regular website address. It is just for the configuration of Netgear extender. To access mywifiext.net, your computer or laptop must be connected to the network of Netgear extender.
Try the following points to solve this issue.
- If you are accessing this web address then a login page will not open, instead setup wizard will open. Firstly, setup the device by following the instructions then try to access the login page.
- Check the Link LED on the extender. It should be solid if your computer is connected to the extender network. If it is not then your computer is not connected to the network.
- Try using the default IP address. If it is not then someone has changed the IP address of your extender.
- Web browser may be an issue in this case. Clear the cache of the browser and try again.
- Allocate a static IP address to your PC.
Check all these points and recover your extender. If you are confused somewhere or not able to get out from this issue then contact us.
Not able to connect to the extender
If you are not able to connect to the wifi network of your extender then find out the cause. The reason can be you have forgotten the password to get into the basic home page, use http before typing mywifiext.net in the address bar of the browser, connect to the extender using an Ethernet cable and then try again to access the mywifiext.net. Restore the extender to its factory default settings. Get in touch with us for more information on any of the issue related to Netgear extender X6s. We have a dedicated team of experts who can solve these types of issues instantly and stay connected to you till the issue not gets resolved. For more information on a topic, leave a message on the live chat support window. We are available 24/7 online to resolve your issues. Stay connected to the internet.